1-2-3 Peach Cobbler
Try this healthier, yet mouth watering, recipe.
1 /2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 c peach nectar
1 /4 c pineapple or peach juice (can use juice from canned peaches)
2 cans (16 oz each) peaches, packed in juice, drained, (or 1 3 /4 lb fresh), sliced
1 Tbsp tub margarine
1 c dry pancake mix n 2 /3 c all-purpose flour n 1 /2 c sugar
2 /3 c evaporated skim milk
As needed, nonstick cooking spray
1 /2 tsp nutmeg
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1. Combine cinnamon, vanilla, cornstarch, peach nectar, and pineapple or peach juice in saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until mixture thickens and bubbles.
2. Add sliced peaches to mixture. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
3. In another saucepan, melt margarine and set aside.
4. Lightly spray 8-inch square glass dish with cooking spray. Pour in peach mixture.
5. In another bowl, combine pancake mix, flour, sugar, and melted margarine. Stir in milk. Quickly spoon this mixture over peach mixture.
6. Combine nutmeg and brown sugar. Sprinkle mixture on top of batter.
7. Bake at 400º F for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Cool and cut into 8 squares.
Yield: 8 servings
Serving size: 1 square Each serving provides:
Total fat: 4 g
Saturated fat: less than 1 g
Cholesterol: less than 1 mg
Sodium: 263 mg
Total fiber: 2 g
Protein: 4 g
Carbohydrates: 54 g
Potassium: 284 mg
Recipe credit: NIH Publication No. 05-5227
Membership includes access to our member area where you will find the Five Crucial Factors, private pages, member library, 30 day email training and more.
Presently, membership is free and once you join, it will remain free.