Garden Pan Bread Recipe
Garden Pan Bread
• ½ cup cornmeal
• ½ cup all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 2 ripe bananas, mashed
• ½ cup water
• 1 tablespoon egg mix
• ¼ cup raisins
• ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
Directions Serves 4
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium-size bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine bananas, water, and egg mix. Stir until mixed well.
4. Stir banana mixture into cornmeal mixture. Mix until dry ingredients are moistened. Gently stir in raisins and walnuts.
5. Lightly spray medium-size skillet or baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
6. Spoon batter into skillet or baking pan.
7. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until bread is golden brown and pulls away from the edges. A wooden toothpick or a clean fork inserted into the center of the bread should come out clean.
8. Cut into four equal slices and serve hot or cold.
Source: A Harvest of Recipes USDA